On February 15, 2015, I will be running the Austin Half Marathon in Taylor's honor. I will be training for the next 8 months and raising money for the Children's Miracle Network, a network of hospitals that increase funds and awareness for local children's hospitals. So please follow my journey and consider donating in memory of Taylor.

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Cancer Isn't Fair

Cancer isn't fair.

It doesn't choose delicately.
It doesn't play nice.
It doesn't accommodate timing.
It doesn't feel pity.

But

It doesn't steal hope.
It doesn't break bonds.
It doesn't take memories.
It doesn't extinguish love.

It cannot extinguish love.
I'm having a really hard time - physically, but mainly emotionally. Running has fallen to the side. I coordinate a program that starts this weekend. I am emotionally drained. I'm stretched thin. I've got so much to do. I've got no energy. I've got no time.

But I've got my health. Which is more than so many people who fight cancer every day with no energy, no time, and so much to do.

So today I will run. Because I can. And they can't. And they deserve someone on their side.

No comments:

Post a Comment